There are a number of reasons for which Alpha Brain is widely regarded as one of the best brain enhancement pills. Developed by Onnit, this brain enhancer supplement has exhibited significant positive results in two clinical trials and has become among the most promising memory improvement products available today. What most people like about Alpha Brain is that it is made with Earth Grown Nutrients, which makes these pills safe.
Natural Ingredients Used in Alpha Brain
The ingredients used in this brain enhancement supplement include:
- Bacopa: An integral part of the traditional Ayurvedic medical system of India, Bacopa improves memory and longevity. It also has antioxidant and autogenic properties.
- Cat’s Claw: This plant is mostly found in the Amazon rainforests and has both antioxidant and immune-boosting properties.
- Huperzia Serrata: Huperzine A is extracted from this plant, which is a naturally derived acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. It works to make more acetylcholine available to the brain.
- Oat Straw: Also known as Avena Sativa, Oat Straw is an alleviator of neurological stress and exhaustion, having a positive impact on an individual’s cognitive performance.
Recent Additions in the Alpha Brain Formula
In an effort to continuously improve the formula, Onnit has now included the following ingredients:
- Phosphatidylserine: Being the most popular as well as the most difficult to find, this nootropics product is present in the human body as part of the cell membrane. It has been used to boost memory functions and focus.
- L-tyrosine: It is an extremely safe amino acid that is a very popular and powerful booster of human brain function.
- L-theanine: Another amino acid, L-theanine is usually taken for its ability to improve reaction time and boost brain functions in areas of mathematics and speech.
How it Works
If you’re wondering how Alpha Brain works, it’s important to know that all these ingredients form positive feedback loops, feeding off each other’s benefits. For instance, L-Theanine increases the permeability of the blood-brain barrier. Hence, it becomes easier for nutrients, oxygen and compounds like Alpha GPC to access the brain. The entire process has a positive impact on a number of neurotransmitters, which has shown to increase the levels of dopamine and serotonin.
Alpha Brain Dosage
The standard serving size for Alpha Brain is two capsules a day. It is highly recommended to not take more than four capsules in a day. In case your day is expected to be filled with normal daily activities, taking two capsules in the morning, along with breakfast, would work just fine. The dosage would be enough for all the benefits you desire for the day. Sometimes, you may need to increase your focus, maybe for a critical meeting or an exam. In such cases, you may take an additional Alpha Brain capsule later in the day. Try to keep a gap of at least four hours between the two times you take these pills. If you’re having trouble sleeping, you could consider taking a capsule four to six hours before going to sleep. For the best results, have a light dinner.
Side Effects of Alpha Brain
Generally, this brain enhancement supplement is well tolerated. Increasing the dosage to more than what’s prescribed can cause dizziness, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, headache, restlessness and even irritability in some cases.